The Highclere - Huge on variety...Cheese, Charcuterie, Red Wine & Port with exclusive O&M Board!
Everything its little brother offers (see below) PLUS a fabulous Ogilvy & More wooden platter...!
An impressive, indulgent and utterly delicious selection, this whopper of a hamper will 'wow' the recipient if received as a gift and delight those lucky enough to share in the contents. Choose from either the signature Ogilvy & More premium wooden hamper or our classic O&M wicker hamper and let the contents speak for themselves: fabulous West Country cheese, delicious Dorset charcuterie, artisan bread, crackers, chutneys, two bottles of exceptional red wine and one of our favourite 10 year old Tawny Ports.
- Beautiful Ogilvy & More wooden board, the perfect way to present the exceptional items in this selection
2019 Plan de Dieu Cuvée Egoïste, Domaine Font Sarade. This dense red is hugely very expressive. The nose has red fruits, some reminiscent of the surrounding scrubland with scents of thyme and bay laurel. The mouth is spicy. This wine is ample, complex and is a great accompaniment for cured meats, cheese and chocolate
2020 Ventoux Les Terres Rouges, Domaine Font Sarade. This vibrantly youthful Ventoux is from an 8 hectare plot of 50 year old vines that the family owns in the village of Aubignan, just south of Beaumes de Venise. The blend is 50% Grenache with 40% Syrah and 10% Carignan, which were destemmed and matured in concrete tanks to preserve the vital, raspberry fruitiness of this wine. Mid ruby-purple colour, aromas are perfumed and pure. Palate is full, rich and juicily mouth-filling, with a ripe, bramble-fruited middle, and a satisfyingly rounded finish
- Quinta de la Rosa, 10 Year Old Tawny Port is fermented slightly longer to guarantee a dry finish. Delicate soft and creamy this is a rich and elegant aromas exuding the heat of the Douro. It is complex with powerful dried fruit, figs, honey and almonds with a long pleasing finish. Served chilled as an aperitif or to accompany your favourite cheese, fois gras dessert
- White Lake Bruton Brie. This is lovely Brie made with Guernsey cows' milk. The taste is full and rich with subtle depths and flavours. As the cheese ripens the colour deepens the flavour becomes stronger and the cheese begins to 'run' like thick Jersey cream
- Simon Weaver's Organic Cotswold Blue is a soft white cheese with a Roquefort blue mould running through the centre. It has a delicious creamy texture, with a fresh clean taste that develops as the cheese ages into a rich aromatic piquancy. It can be eaten traditionally with bread and wine, but it is wonderful with a fresh pear
- Green's Glastonbury Twanger is a rich, creamy and satisfying cheddar which packs all the punch you would expect from a west country cheese lovingly matured for up to 2 years
- White Lake 'Tor' 3 Star Great Taste Award Winning Goat's Cheese, we believe this cheese is as magical as the county from which is comes. Tor is a beautifully crafted fresh lactic goat’s cheese, formed in a pyramid shape, compressed in texture, it has a unique geotrichum rind which is dusted with ash to add a very subtle peppery undertone along with a combination of lemony flavours and a typical goat’s cheese ‘tang’ - Tor is a stand-out option for any cheeseboard. (Made with unpasteurised milk and vegetarian rennet)
- Pink Peppercorn & Purbeck Cider Salami made from free range pork cider from the Isle of Purbeck. The aromatic pink peppercorns make this delicious and unique salami. The Great Taste Award judges commented that this is “A delicate and subtle salami, beautifully tender with a clean tear. Terrific floral aromas of the pink peppercorns”
- Fennel and White Pepper Salami, this 2 Star Great Taste Award winner is a wonderfully versatile pork salami with aromatic fennel and punchy white pepper. Great as part of a British charcuterie sharing board or antipasti selection. This is a stand out favourite with our curators
- Wild venison chorizo, made using sweet, smoked paprika, this 2 Star Great Taste Award winning British chorizo is perfect for snacking or enjoying as part of a charcuterie sharing board or antipasti selection
- Dorset Coppa, our team consider this to be one of the stand out stars of the charcuterie selection and unsurprisingly, it carries the prestigious 3 Star Great Taste Award. Coppa comes from the shoulder of the pig (as opposed to Prosciutto that is cured from the pig's hind leg. This free range air dried pork is dry cured in a gentle mix of herbs and spices and aged for a minimum of 3 months. A fantastic addition to a British charcuterie sharing board or antipasti selection. Try wrapping around asparagus spears or pickles
- Peter's Yard Sourdough Crackers provide the perfect accompaniment for this seafood pairing; each batch begins with a sourdough starter, fermented for 16 hours for a unique, subtle flavour. They have a dry, slightly nutty note and a satisfying crunch
- Artisan Bread - fresh on the day of dispatch from our local West Country baker, this is the perfect accompaniment to this luxurious hamper
- Gordal Olives - These olives need no explanation, they are simply the best Spain (or anywhere else) has to offer!
- Pear, Date & Cognac Chutney features snow pears, aromatic French cognac and dates, slowly ripened and chosen for their optimum sugar levels and rich flavour
- Spiced Tomato & Vodka chutney is the sensational combination of sun-dried tomatoes from Italy and premium French vodka
Choose from our smart, environmentally friendly cardboard hamper or why not make this gift extra special and long lasting by selecting one of our luxury wicker or exclusive wooden hampers?