The Tranquil Test - Smoked Trout & White Wine Platter
Our Smoked Trout & White Wine Platter is perfect as a starter, light lunch, picnic or the basis for delicious canapés. We love the subtle, smokey flavour of this trout which is hatched, reared and smoked on the banks of the crystal clear River Wylye in Wiltshire. Whether your preference is for the fine cut slithers of cold smoked trout, delicious bite sized roulades filled with home made terrine or for the sumptuous Smørgel spooned generously onto crisp sourdough crackers, we are sure you will be delighted with this fishy feast, especially as it comes with a bottle of one of our favourite white wines!
- Cold Smoked Wiltshire Trout, finely sliced and perfect for canapés, sandwiches, lunching and munching
- Hand made Smoked Trout and Terrine Roulades; fabulous finger food at its finest!
- Hot Smoked Trout Smørgel; a delicious blend of premium trout, capers, gherkins, red onion, lemon & mayonnaise
- Quincy Domaine de Chevilly. This delicious white wine from the Upper Loire Valley, made from Sauvignon Blanc has steely dry, Sancerre like flavours. This wine is a favourite with our curators... it's a cracker!
- Peter's Yard Sourdough Crackers provide the perfect accompaniment for this seafood pairing; each batch begins with a sourdough starter, fermented for 16 hours for a unique, subtle flavour. They have a dry, slightly nutty note and a satisfying crunch
- A lemon... of course!
Choose from a smart, recyclable cardboard hamper, the perfect option for the foodie purist or where the recipient may not have space or why not select one of our stunning wicker or wooden Ogilvy & More hampers, giving the lucky recipient something to cherish, to use and to remind them of your kindness?